A large community with nearly 1,400 homes, duplexes, and townhouses, Forest Lakes is one of the largest and most sought-after neighborhoods in Charlottesville. Curious about why so many buyers want to live in Forest Lakes? Here are just a few of many reasons.
What Makes This Community Special?
We’ve written before about why Forest Lakes is a great neighborhood, but if you haven’t had a chance to read that blog post, here’s a quick recap:
- Students attend excellent schools. Forest Lakes is zoned to the Albemarle County Public Schools district, so students can take advantage of a wide variety of academic programs and after-school activities.
- Forest Lakes has a great location. Residents are just minutes from Hollymead Town Center, Ivy Creek Natural Area, Charlottesville Fashion Square, and a plethora of other amenities.
- Residents can find their A-game. Forest Lakes offers tennis lessons, youth summer camps, and a neighborhood swim team.
- Forest Lakes offers plenty of amenities. From tennis courts to soccer fields, Forest Lakes has all the amenities residents crave!
- Forest Lakes features beautiful homes. There’s something for every lifestyle in this Charlottesville neighborhood, from large houses to spacious townhomes.
Those five reasons aren’t the only benefits to living in Forest Lakes. Here are five more reasons why you’ll love this popular community!
1. Residents Can Connect with Nature
When you live in Forest Lakes, you don’t have to leave your community to enjoy the fresh air. With six lakes and winding paths throughout the community, Forest Lakes feels like a tranquil retreat.
On Tuesdays from April to October, residents flock to the neighborhood’s South Pool to buy fresh fruits and vegetables, soaps, baked goods, and more.
Needless to say, the Forest Lakes Farmers’ Market is always a hit!
3. Residents Can Skip the Gym Membership
An expansive fitness center, complete with cardio equipment and card key access, is one of many recreational amenities available to Forest Lakes residents.
4. The Forest Lakes HOA Keeps Residents Updated
The Forest Lakes Community Association publishes a newsletter every month to let homeowners know about upcoming board meetings, home decoration competitions, fitness schedules, community announcements, and more.
5. Residents Are Close to Everything in Charlottesville
We’ve mentioned Forest Lakes’ excellent location before, but it’s worth repeating. Since Forest Lakes is conveniently located off of Route 29, a 20-minute drive from Forest Lakes can take you just about anywhere: the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport, the University of Virginia, Pen Park, and more!
We’ll Help You Find a Home in Forest Lakes
Forest Lakes is a sought-after neighborhood in Charlottesville, so if you’re considering buying a home in this community, we can help. As local real estate professionals, we’re familiar with Forest Lakes and current market activity in the neighborhood.