The weather is warming up and the days are growing longer. Now’s the perfect excuse to spend time out and about in the city! As longtime Charlottesville residents know, spring brings more festivals, more concerts, and more not-to-miss adventures. So whether you’re planning your next weekend excursion or planning your move to our area, take a peek at these events happening in the next few months.
11 Springtime Events You Don’t Want to Miss
Though Charlottesville is home to the University of Virginia and several historic homes, its events are not all focused on campus life or history. There are plenty of activities happening this spring! Pick your favorite activities from this list to stay up to date with all that’s happening in the Charlottesville area.
If You Love Arts and Culture, Visit These Festivals
- YOCVA Spring Concerto Concert (Tuesday, May 16 @ 7pm) — Recently featured in “Charlottesville Inside-Out,” the Youth Orchestras of Central Virginia will play a final concert for the 2016-17 season at St. Anne’s-Belfield School.
- Journey from Slavery to Freedom Walking Tour (Saturday, June 10 @ 2:30pm) — Trace the steps of the African-American slaves who lived at James Madison’s Montpelier as they fought for civil rights.
- Drop Spindle Class (Monday, July 3 @ 11am-12pm) — This spring, take a hands-on history class at James Monroe’s Highland. Learn how to create yarn from sheep’s wool using a traditional drop spindle method.
- Opera in the Park (Tuesday, July 18 @ 7pm-8:30pm) — This free outdoor performance is presented by the Charlottesville Opera (formerly Ash Lawn Opera).
- Fridays After Five League (Fridays) — Challenge your golfing skills and meet new people as you play 9 holes of the Meadowcreek Golf Course.
- First Saturday Bird Walk (Saturday, June 3 @ 7:30am-9am) — Bring your binoculars and lace up your hiking boots. This early morning hike is the perfect way to enjoy the natural beauty of the Ivy Creek area.
- Rivanna Trail Monthly Work Party (Saturday, June 10 @ 8:45am) — Enjoy the fresh air, the warm sunshine, and a bit of gardening as you and your neighbors keep the Rivanna Trail looking beautiful.
- Men’s City Golf Championship (Friday-Sunday, July 7-9) — This 54-stroke event at the Meadowcreek Golf Course is a great way to enjoy the game of golf and one of Charlottesville’s premier golf courses.
- Charlottesville City Market (Saturdays @ 7am-12pm) — From produce to plants, the Charlottesville City Market is where you can shop and support local farmers.
- Fridays After Five (Fridays @ 5:30pm-8:30pm) — One of the most anticipated Charlottesville events of the year, the Fridays After Five concert series at the Sprint Pavilion is celebrating its 30th year run.
- Polo at King Family Vineyards (Sundays @ 1pm) — Celebrate Virginia’s wine and equestrian heritage with a wine tasting and polo matches. The 2017 polo season beings on Sunday, May 28.
You’ll Love Living in Charlottesville
If you’re relocating to Charlottesville, you will enjoy all of the events and amenities that this city has to offer! Charlottesville is America’s #1 community and boasts a thriving economy, beautiful scenery, a four-season climate, and so much to do.
Have you found the home of your dreams? If you’re just getting started, we can help you find the perfect home easily. We offer a wealth of resources about relocating to our area and buying a home in Charlottesville. Contact us at (434) 296-9860 and let’s talk about your plans.