If you’ve made a New Year’s resolution to enjoy the outdoors or exercise in 2017, you’re not alone. Many Charlottesville residents make a commitment to stay active in the new year. The best part about living in Charlottesville is that you don’t need to purchase a gym membership to do so — the city offers plenty of parks, trails, and events for every resident to enjoy. Here are the best and easiest ways to achieve your New Year’s goals.
1. Spend Time at Charlottesville’s Parks
There are plenty of ways to stay active just by visiting Charlottesville’s parks. You can hike the trails or play golf at McIntire Park, plant flowers or vegetables in the Meadowcreek Gardens, or enjoy a picnic at Riverview Park.
2. Take a Tour of Local Wineries
Want to spend time outdoors and sample Albemarle County’s famous wine? Visit the Charlottesville area’s best wineries! You can take a tour of local vineyards on your own, or book a guided tour with local wine tour companies like Monticello Appellation Wine Tours.
3. Participate in a 5K
Charlottesville has dozens of races planned for 2017, starting with a 5K on New Year’s Day. The Charlottesville Track Club hosts several of the city’s most popular races, including the Charlottesville Ten Miler and Rivanna Greenbelt Marathon.
4. Go Horseback Riding in Albemarle County
Charlottesville has centuries-old traditions that are still enjoyed today. Residents can enjoy the city’s rich equestrian culture at steeplechase races, nearby hunts, or on scenic bridle trails sprinkled throughout the area. If you enjoy horseback riding, consider exploring the bridle trails at Blandy Experimental Farm or going on a guided trail ride.
If you’re searching for a home with plenty of amenities, consider buying one in Charlottesville’s and Albemarle County’s equestrian communities. Bundoran Farm offers 15 miles of hiking and bridle trails, and The Farms at Turkey Run offers horseback riding trails and community stables.
5. Buying a Home? Enjoy the Amenities of Your Community
You can easily stay active when you have a gym, swimming pool, golf course, or nature trails in your own neighborhood. These amenity-filled communities are top picks in the Charlottesville area:
- Ashcroft (Charlottesville): clubhouse, pool, private lakes, volleyball court, and a fitness center
- Farmington (Charlottesville): Farmington Country Club, tennis courts, heated swimming pool, and a fitness center
- Glenmore (Keswick): Glenmore Country Club, equestrian center, tennis courts, and a fitness center
- Redfields (Charlottesville): community pool, playground, nature trails, and a neighborhood lake
- Western Ridge (Crozet): clubhouse, community pool, tennis court, and a fitness center
We’ll Help You Find Your Next Home
Whether you’re relocating to Charlottesville or are considering buying another home in the area, we can help you find the right home near Charlottesville’s outdoor amenities. Call us at (434) 296-9860 and we can get started.