Fall is here! The leaves are changing, the weather is getting cooler, and residents are filling their calendars with fun seasonal events. Whether you’re relocating to the Charlottesville area or are simply curious about fun things to do in the area, we have you covered.
You’ll find plenty of events happening this fall in Charlottesville, but we’ve narrowed down the list to the events that no resident (or home buyer!) should miss. Choose a category below to find a festival, historic tour, or getaway you’ll love!
Love the Arts, Music, and Entertainment?
Between Downtown Charlottesville and the University of Virginia, there are dozens of venues that host riveting theatrical shows, concerts, and film screenings. Don’t miss any of these unique Charlottesville events this fall:
- Tours of the Paramount Theater — Monday, October 23rd @ 12 PM; Monday, October 23rd @ 5:30 PM; Saturday, October 28th @ 11 AM
- Virginia Film Festival at UVA ($10+) — Thursday, November 9th – Sunday, November 12th
- Charlottesville Municipal Band Benefit Concert at Paramount Theater ($50+) — Tuesday, November 14th @ 8 PM
Love History and Culture?
- “Let It Be Red” Tour at Montpelier ($40 members, $45 non-members) — Friday, October 27th @ 4:30 PM – 5:30 PM
- Cemetery Archaeology Walking Tour at Montpelier — Saturday, October 28th @ 1 PM – 2 PM
- Montpelier Hunt Races ($20+) — Saturday, November 4th @ 9 AM – 6 PM
Want a True Taste of Charlottesville?
Albemarle County and Charlottesville are known for their award-winning wineries, craft breweries, farm-fresh foods, and delicious restaurants. If you’re eager to expand your culinary palate, you don’t want to miss these fall events around Charlottesville:
- Charlottesville City Market — Saturdays @ 7 AM – 12 PM in October; Saturdays @ 8 AM – 1 PM in November
- HenleyFest at Henley’s Orchard — Saturdays in October @ 9 AM – 5 PM
- Apple Harvest Festival at Vintage Virginia Apples — Saturday, November 4th @ 10 AM – 5 PM
- Virginia Cider & Apple Tasting at Monticello ($24) — Saturday, November 11th @ 10 AM – 12 PM
Looking for a Mountain Getaway?
- Fall Foliage Hike ($3) — Saturday, October 21st @ 2 PM – 4 PM
- Harvest Fest — Friday, October 27th – Sunday, October 29th
Charlottesville is a Wonderful Place to Live!
Charlottesville and Albemarle County are not just scenic parts of Virginia, they’re highly rated places to live. Here, you’ll find all kinds of ways to enjoy the four-season climate, world-class amenities, and beautiful communities!
If you’re relocating to Charlottesville, The Chase Team can provide you with all of the area resources and home buying information that you need. Contact us at (434) 296-9860 and let’s talk about your relocation plans.